2018-08-06 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Kernel Panic! Help Me

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 7bec8271b635150aa32c073c4d8f6be27fde2447b3852d0c93c2b9dc09d74093
Message ID: <CAESLx0KSik4wFj8mDcCXhYvGF9JOB=w5itcxv8a3s5eiAUWUHQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAFb3bYDLv0hFKmrkoPDRxbHr1_BaPk9FU4xyzUPTr9=VpVFfxQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2018-08-06 16:05:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 09:05:44 +1000

Raw message

Hi Sergen

A kernel panic is normally a hardware issue, or driver issue. It's almost
certainly not related to the Grase Hotspot, as the Linux kernel is very
good at making sure userspace software can't cause errors that serious that
the kernel panics. You'll need to start googling some of those error lines,
to see if maybe a hardware component of yours has a known issue. Depending
on your OS version, you may also be able to change kernel lines. I.e.
Ubuntu has a few kernel "lines" available, some are much newer for newer
hardware, but you must select which kernel line you want. (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack)