2018-09-12 - Re: Kernel Panic! Help Me

Header Data

From: Sergen Çolak <se***7@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a9cda56b665c379d3b087449e071f990e7d2ee1b9ed15130d66e1e8c4f54fdfd
Message ID: <7bf63021-3baa-4bc9-99fc-9925b3110b75@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <56100520-a2e1-4554-93ed-3a6971be2ac2@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-09-12 23:29:41 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 23:29:41 -0700

Raw message

Hello Christopher,
I did the new debian setup. I chose Debian 8.11 when doing this setup. He
works fifteen days a day. I follow the system. If I get kernel panic again,
I will implement the suggestions. Thanks for your help.
Have a nice day

13 Eylül 2018 Perşembe 08:13:25 UTC+3 tarihinde christopher yazdı:

> On Monday, 6 August 2018 22:54:58 UTC+12, Sergen Çolak wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> A system that is running, sometimes every 2 days. Sometimes a month. He
>> gives the errors that appear in the picture. The system is crashing. I have
>> to pull off the electricity. Can you help me with this?
>>

>  Hello Sergen,
>
> As Tim has already said, a newer kernel will assist with this.  I will go
> further though, and suggest that you compile your own from source code
> located at kernel.org.  Even though the distros like Ubuntu do eventually
> back port kernel drivers, it takes a long time.  As you have a very modern
> system, the latest stable kernel:
>
> https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.18.7.tar.xz
>
> will have all the latest drivers for all of your hardware.  Also with
> building your own kernel, you can get rid of the modules that none of your
> hardware use.  The distros make a big kernel, as they have to cater for
> most known hardware.
>
> There is a howto for building a new kernel at:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/BuildYourOwnKernel
>
> Even though they say to install the source for the kernel using apt-get,
> you do not actually have to do that.  Just use wget and download the tar.xz
> file that I suggested above.  The rest of the kernel compilation on ubuntu
> wiki will create the new kernel.  You can take the time during the editing
> of the kernel config file to do a bit of tuneing, by disableing the kernel
> modules that are not needed.  This will take a lot of time to get right.
> Using dmesg and lspci from the command line will assist you to find which
> modules you actually need.  Also lsmod from the command line will show
> which modules are loaded in your current kernel, so that is a very good
> indicator what is needed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher.

Thread