2019-08-13 - Re: Grase Hotspot feature request

Header Data

From: christopher <me***e@pc-networking-services.com>
Message Hash: 86d36d181f19a5815d92c93f79fb9777d64cd99c155be5f67c553342b8b3fd6c
Message ID: <9a436ac9-8839-439b-ad10-ce8c207536e3@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAGPMUcFkbsgqwTXuTUwZFsDt9t9YVp73S0RRRkxEH6-+trKizQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-08-13 19:47:53 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 19:47:53 -0700

Raw message

Hello,

I hate to have to say this, as it is going to sound mean, but for me,
personally, my donation of funds for this project is NOT for others wanting
needless features added during this upgrade.  Here is what I would like my
funds to go towards:

1) Allowing Tim to complete the platform that he needs to make future
upgrades as simple as possible

2) Getting the EXISTING stable core essential pieces of the code updated so
that we can have the latest possible versions of coova chili and free
radius.  Once an update has been made, without adding ANYTHING else then if
people want smaller things added then the person who forwarded this feature
request can pull out their OWN credit card and make a payment.

We need the stability that is currently in this version.  Adding features
on top can lead to unexpected bugs being introduced, time that could have
been used getting a working update wasted for a NON needed feature.  I am
most certainly against mac binding and would like a version of grase
WITHOUT it.

I do have a suggestion, that *may* make any other addition easier in the
future.  When rewriting the code for the updated  version of php, if it
were modularized then "hooks" could be added within the code so that other
features can be added at a later date.  What I would hate to see is bloat
added to it.

So please Tim, once I have made a payment tonight, take this into
consideration.  I will be very disappointed if funds I am donating were to
go to any additional feature, as that is wasting time that could be spent
getting a solid base up with stability.

Regards,

Christopher.

On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 04:16:16 UTC+12, Charles Chambers wrote:

> [...]

Thread