2019-10-10 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] GRASEHOTSPOT with Proxy auto-config

Header Data

From: José Borges <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: 76d8c07d352ef4dfb3bfeab6586ff5d7198d59cdd0ee49449ad10171fa87b730
Message ID: <cd350dad-484f-42be-b18d-d3a8bad4d726@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0K4p8XsuHBPs654p=Tr+uAyYSAu5CaSYrbVsmHrB+GQOA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-10-10 02:30:08 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 02:30:08 -0700

Raw message

because of the Google Chrome using/respecting HSTS and refusing to server
http://www.google.com and serving https://www.google.com... rendering the
browser not being redirected to captive portal, on some androids... :(

Or for instance, on android 7.1.1 the captive portal closes if net is
detected since it pings www.google.com/gen_204, which we cant fool android
into thinking its not online.