2020-02-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] how to reset the account with data usage to Zero

Header Data

From: shrijan pradhan <sh***n@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a7793f6fe11d0ff993bea573590d4118613e6b354eafa1ded68a2a2c07178b37
Message ID: <e41a0249-9c43-47c7-9b48-858a38e980e7@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAA-jMMSsVWxPXbPF1j7YRxmSW6cHEyn8LwELuA=Y79NY-9dc0g@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2020-02-08 11:36:55 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 10:36:55 -0800

Raw message

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the quick Reply.

well like most of the user says i also have to say the same that I am
totally new to the system specially php thing..:-)

i went through couple of videos to use the phpmyadmin tool but still i do
not have that confident to use and apply it..

video i went through to install phymyadmin via cli in ubuntu 12.0.4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXR8IdbPxfM

So let say if i have to install the phpmyadmin tool like you have suggested
and  the video says then do i run and apply the command you suggested for
those individual user that i want to reset the user to zero usage?

root@ubuntu-T60:/# mysql -u root -p radius;
Enter password:
mysql> UPDATE radacct
          -> SET AcctInputOctets=0 , AcctOutputOctets=0
           -> WHERE UserName="$user";

The reason i was a bit confused was phpmyadmin i found is to login by web
and the command you have suggested is via cli.. So is it so that to use the
command i need to install phpmyadmin ?

Please Note: I hope it will not create problem to my current users database
as there are almost 200 users running through this server.

Thanks.

Regards,
shrijan