2011-10-06 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] inquiry

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 379042207a6c91e7104134dde54bbe967791eceea83f7436b87ee6d5f7ba6c7c
Message ID: <CAESLx0+Rd3wN0mo4y6uodBww+mXiU1m1C-Lv4DN_zsgTodg5mg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <1317866192.56439.YahooMailClassic@web110216.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-10-06 19:16:17 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:16:17 +1000

Raw message

This sounds odd.
If it's only happening to win7 clients that's even stranger.

You don't have any dhcp-relay style devices do you? (Routers that relay the
dhcp to the hotspot).
It should be getting 10.1.0.1 for dns, plus a opendns server. I'll be
releasing some changes shortly that force the clients to all use 10.1.0.1
which will be the hotspot, which will have dnsmasq on it and they you can
configure dnsmasq to point to the right name servers. When you say you have
set primary dns to opendns, where have you set that? If you change it in
/etc/chilli/config it should hand them out via dhcp correctly.

Tim