2011-10-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Template warning on upgrade!

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 8292a2330b4cd476b5bc0edb527e0cac30f779b3097cc5e120e809769aa92573
Message ID: <CAESLx0Laqg_=yVH2kdveMcAzPSpdgRjHOknrsw6f5apBMU7WAg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <1317976238.24451.YahooMailNeo@web161602.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-10-07 16:21:16 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 09:21:16 +1000

Raw message

You can, however it's not ideal. (Uninstall grase-repo, or just
disable the cron job it installs).
After this upgrade you shouldn't need to be changing any of the
templates as they are now configurable from the web interface. If you
can't customise it enough from there, let me know and I can add more
hooks to customise it.
Eventually you'll be able to change the ip address, so that won't need
to be changed and also won't be be overwritten on upgrades.
Ideally upgrades will only add features and not break anything unless
you have changed core files, however because people have been
customising templates manually, this upgrade had to break those
changes.

If you let me know all the changes you need to make, I can make it so
you can do it from the web interface so upgrades won't break things.
I've also started work on a plugin system so more complex changes to
the core of things will be changable with plugins!
The delay on the ip address changing will be until I have added the
dns changing (as dns seems to effect more new installs than default ip
addresses).

Sorry for the inconveniences, I sent out a warning email to hopefully
alert people before it caused problems. A few inconveniences now will
hopefully be for the better when we can customise everything!

Tim