2013-01-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Manual IP Tables changes

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 1d78124df842e8a6c3b9fda46526135c7bb64bebfa9135725c8fc22f06e2ba86
Message ID: <50EE0420.4070505@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1357775878.819370@computingeverywhere.com.au>
UTC Datetime: 2013-01-09 16:58:24 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:58:24 +1000

Raw message

On 10/01/13 09:58, Peter Cummins wrote:
> I would like to have two WAN ports, with certain network devices (specified by MAC address) using the second WAN. I have done this previously just using Linux and IP Tables, but not alongside HotSpot software.

Can you show me examples of the iptable rules you'd use?
The way Coova Chilli works (the hotspot controller software), it NAT's
the connections so they'll all appear to come from the servers ip
address. The server should still have the MAC address if you do the
second WAN on the server, however you'll need to operate on the tun0
interface and not on the ethX LAN interface. If the rules never change,
you can probably have them in the up.sh file that is run at chilli startup.