2014-12-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Add Data to Limit

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 80a8aff4d1c28f158a99d5a49cbd4d2bfb2627b0e01520382f3ed1710ce61305
Message ID: <CAESLx0JFutvY6p2Yn+q+HabVKcjGyAvYL4sWxTSQ2Q7O1e7VrQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <3ca98551-2f4b-4783-b035-508fb3a70f23@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-12-11 19:05:22 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:05:22 +1000

Raw message

Hi Derek

The way the limits work, is if any limit is reached, they are cut off. If
you add a data limit to someone with a recurring limit, they'll suddenly be
limited to that data limit. So in your situation, say they'd used 30Gb for
the month, and you applied a limit of 20Gb, they would have already reached
that limit and so will be cut off. If you applied a limit of 60Gb to the
account, and they have a recurring limit of 40 per month, they'll be
limited to 40Gb this month, and assuming they use it all, then next month
they'll be limited to 20Gb.

It's much more difficult to give someone "bonus" data until the end of the
month.
What I normally do in these situations, is create a second user for their
bonus data that expires at the end of the month.

Tim