2015-09-24 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Turn off DHCP for coova chilli

Header Data

From: David Wilson <da***e@argyle.com.au>
Message Hash: a502d02f37428e8bd1b9463d5d53a5daac83669016e35ff3831c939e45384c3a
Message ID: <51177490-7EB1-4399-8DC5-CC093B53964C@argyle.com.au>
Reply To: <e1faf4fe-93a6-4bb7-a0b9-f858c7915c9d@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-09-24 06:38:32 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 23:38:32 +1000

Raw message

Hi Joseph,

It is not really something that Grase is currently designed to do.
But you could (if you are brave) edit the functions file in /etc/chilli/

Around about line 55

Replace

HS_DNS1=${HS_DNS1:-$HS_DNS}
HS_DNS1=${HS_DNS1:-$(grep '^nameserver' /etc/resolv.conf | head -n1 | awk '{print $2}’)}

with

HS_DNS1=‘192.168.2.2'
HS_DNS2=‘192.168.2.2'

In fact if you just add the last two lines and then just put a # in front of the existing ones then that will work too.

I am no Windows guru and so there is no guarantee that the DNS resolution alone will be all that you need - but it may work - or at least get you closer to a solution.
However you will also need to make Grase hand out IP’s in the same network at your DC.
You can set the LAN IP address in Grase web admin - Network Settings
and you will need to set the DHCP Start and End in Grase web admin - CovaChilli Settings so as to avoid IP address conflicts.

I have to say - I am not sure what you are doing is the best thing for what you need - but I understand that sometimes you just have to make something work with minimal investment.

Dave