2015-11-20 - Re: Looking for a VM image or installation help!

Header Data

From: Thomas Crosbie <tc***7@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 80e883dc49a71de32a203e7f8fa254dee0bdb2156a194ad095d085d86dcc57f2
Message ID: <d904bec2-48b9-4ccd-9e2a-a4970b9b60d0@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <2cff63ea-2196-4f95-8727-71b62b5b7784@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-11-20 01:19:08 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 00:19:08 -0800

Raw message

You won't believe it, it installed like a dream!

Thanks for your help Tim with using the newer server.

One last request though, what is the best way to enable free access but
with limiting each device (MAC) to 50MB per 12 hours? I've had a play with
group config but can't seem to get the correct combo of settings. I'm not
sure exactly how to set expiry and what the difference between both Default
Data Limit and Recurring Data limit.

Thanks again! Greatly appreciated. I'll be making a donation once I get the
free access all sorted out :)

Thomas

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 3:00:18 AM UTC+11, Thomas Crosbie wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm trying to get GRASE installed to use at a local hotel/pub for free
> WiFi access, but I can not for the life of me get GRASE to install.
> Everytime I try to install it I get told my packages are missing or things
> are not installable yada yada yada.
>
> I'm not much of a Linux shell fan, but I was following both the ubuntu
> server and GRASE setup guides to no avail.
>
> So, does anyone have a VM image they'd like to share? It seems like other
> wifi hotspots (EasyHotspot etc) have pre installed ISOs or VM images.
>
> Otherwise, I'd really like some help setting up manually. Was using 12.04
> Ubuntu server as directed in the guide
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> (P.S: I may consider donation to the most helpful person as well!)

Thread