2015-11-19 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Looking for a VM image or installation help!

Header Data

From: António Chimuzu <ch***u@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 8ce482de9c7a4d6870532829850abaa9bf9842e34ff63a0c79939364e28c8f82
Message ID: <789bd61e-91e6-44a6-b812-cb2c2f55e73d@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <cb1caeeb-3bca-4fe1-b789-28a5067dc324@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-11-19 22:40:09 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:40:09 -0800

Raw message

Hi Thomas,
im not so sure why you are failing to install grase, its a simple procedure
once you follow the instructions. Im not a command line expert myself by
I've done twice last night.
I suggest you try Ubuntu 14.04 and the instructions available. If you then
fail I will give you de link for the VM I created.

Cheers.
Antonio

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5:57:44 AM UTC+2, Thomas Crosbie wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for the info! I shall give it all a try.
>
> Thanks again,
> Thomas
>
> On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 8:21:06 AM UTC+11, timwhite88 wrote:
>>
>> Hi Thomas
>>
>> I really need to update the guides. I strongly recommend you install the
>> latest release candidate, instead of stable.
>>
>> Follow any server Ubuntu 14.04 install guide (or follow the one at
>> http://grasehotspot.org/documentation/ubuntu-server-installation/ but
>> install 14.04)
>>
>> Then follow the instructions at
>> http://grasehotspot.org/documentation/nightly-builds/ except replace
>> references to nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org with
>> dev.packages.grasehotspot.org
>>
>> I may provide a live CD in the future, however what might be better is an
>> installer script that takes a clean Ubuntu/Debian install and sets it up.
>> This way you still get the choice of OS, but less steps to follow.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Thomas Crosbie <tc***.@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get GRASE installed to use at a local hotel/pub for free
>>> WiFi access, but I can not for the life of me get GRASE to install.
>>> Everytime I try to install it I get told my packages are missing or things
>>> are not installable yada yada yada.
>>>
>>> I'm not much of a Linux shell fan, but I was following both the ubuntu
>>> server and GRASE setup guides to no avail.
>>>
>>> So, does anyone have a VM image they'd like to share? It seems like
>>> other wifi hotspots (EasyHotspot etc) have pre installed ISOs or VM images.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, I'd really like some help setting up manually. Was using
>>> 12.04 Ubuntu server as directed in the guide
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> (P.S: I may consider donation to the most helpful person as well!)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>>> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/2cff63ea-2196-4f95-8727-71b62b5b7784%40grasehotspot.org