2016-02-22 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Way to save and restore config and users password login easily

Header Data

From: bartosz <ba***z@miklaszewski.com>
Message Hash: 2efc4b0fb492f07a32021b56a8faa73f88f3ceff6c0deda6aa8cbd764a4555b6
Message ID: <25552580-de0b-4f52-a86d-ee9ad1b0908e@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <5a6834ac-bb9f-4956-b2a6-0efef41af090@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-02-22 11:02:54 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:02:54 -0800

Raw message

I just did that, its very simple...

instal phpmyadmin

sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin (follow instruction on the screen, when
asked for password just use same you use with hotspot)
then go to browser your IP for example 192.168.1.10/phpmyadmin

login: root
password: yourpassword

than click on the left: radius
and at the top click export
use "quick" method
and it will save radius.sql file

repeat for radmin database

click on the left: radmin
and at the top click export
use "quick" method
and it will save radius.sql file

in new hotspot install phpmyadmin

login to it,
then click on radius
it will show you list of tables
than at the bottom you will have option Check All, click it to select all
tables and on the right you will have drop down menu select "drop"
confirm to remove all.
than
go to top menu IMPORT
choose file radius.sql
and pres GO button at the bottom of the page (you should get green info
box... import successful)

than repeat for radmin tables

then click on radmin
it will show you list of tables
than at the bottom you will have option Check All, click it to select all
tables and on the right you will have drop down menu select "drop"
confirm to remove all.
than
go to top menu IMPORT
choose file radmin.sql
and pres GO button at the bottom of the page (you should get green info
box... import successful)

at this point your old DB is working with your new grase hotspot

let me know if you have any problems :)

Bartosz

On Sunday, 7 February 2016 11:13:19 UTC, Tobias wrote:

> Hello, I'am new in that linux and grase hotspot business. Could someone
> please tell me, how I can save my useraccouts? I have to install an older
> Ubuntu version.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2012 19:27:29 UTC+2 schrieb ABC Informatique (Dave):
>>
>> You probably see my problem with my hotspot now i have decide to use
>> another computer with fresh install and last version but i have over 100
>> users account and password to recreate …
>>

>> There is a fast way or easy way to import export config data and user
>> password login ?
>>

>> Dave

Thread