2016-02-21 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Where to configure the hotspot domain?

Header Data

From: bartosz <ba***z@miklaszewski.com>
Message Hash: c9c8b81adaf0b9e0c46388d460bff9e137db158bb848adbf9ab53af11aca9283
Message ID: <47fbf983-c745-4964-8aa3-85a63b874f52@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <e61f914b-5f6e-4fdd-b6e9-67dd14f12688@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-02-21 10:57:04 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 09:57:04 -0800

Raw message

Hi,

just looked to your github configs, is that all you have to do to setup
local domain instead 10.1.0.1? or do i need to change something else as
well ?

many thanks

Bart

On Friday, 27 March 2015 11:25:59 UTC, kralan wrote:

> I attched patches to the respective github issue.
>
> Am Sonntag, 22. März 2015 03:59:22 UTC+1 schrieb timwhite88:
>>
>> Hi Kralan
>>
>> What's your use case for wanting to change the domain? In a normal
>> "hotspot setup" it's a public network, and that domain name is a shortcut
>> for doing things like logging out. I'm happy to make it customisable, just
>> open a bug report on github. Even better, submit a pull request with the UI
>> changes for it, otherwise it could be sometime before I get to it.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 2:30 AM, kralan <kr***.@gmx.at> wrote:
>>
>>> It seems the domain is set from the line
>>> "domain=hotspot.lan"
>>> in the file
>>> /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-grasehotspot
>>> which in turn is generated from
>>> /usr/share/grase/www/radmin/networksettings.dnsmasq.php.
>>>
>>> I could change the setting there but I am afraid it would be overwritten
>>> by the next update of the grase-www-portal package.
>>> Are my assumptions correct?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Alan

>>> --