2016-03-16 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Assign IP Address to the client based on MAC Address

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e1da94c89e2e64bc9bcc5b56752558b1d4a29fa0fd8d637ac9e2a8bc55be9845
Message ID: <CAESLx0JBoYpOQVtLP+dmufxjR9qdnc_VNbxEprEWJyQ0+cVSBw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <e6572150-15f4-4859-a0cc-6546fb9fe9b0@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-03-16 02:35:02 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 19:35:02 +1000

Raw message

Instead of trying to use the ethers file, there is a nice convenient method
of doing Static IP's, if you are doing MAC Auth.

Ideally, you'd assign these in the Static IP range, but as we don't
currently set that, just assign it towards the end of the DHCP range.

https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/115

Basically, you add a Radius Reply attributed for Framed-IP-Address.

This only works for MAC Auth users (so computers or other devices you
create a computer account for).

I'll continue to investigate options for devices not doing MAC Auth.