2017-01-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: unable to access internet via grase hotspot after 24 hours

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: b0d9619194f39bd32634361f5c6b52e909b712626f76b4ce576cf3c312d18ac5
Message ID: <CAESLx0JO08iV0wR7mN3Co8UYpMCv54WHDgdwQ4iOpum15=FgtA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CADDedMFGjc7MApURM5XPPEe+LBxtqxPpXVo1-QhL0RPY9Uhahg@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-01-20 04:02:13 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 21:02:13 +1000

Raw message

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:39 AM, emre erdoğan <po***e@gmail.com> wrote:

> The main problem I couldn't solve is Android devices' https problem.
> Android devices are not automatically redirected to the login screen like
> IOS devices doing. Also most Android users not writing any web address,
> they just press G sign on the phone to access Internet. This opens a web
> browser to search with Google and it has HTTPS! So user got an IP address
> but no Internet! Then he calls me and I told him to open a browser, write
> any web address etc. I saw some hotspot systems having SSL certificate to
> redirect HTTPS pages (mainly google, facebook, youtube) to the login screen
> but there was some browser errors (like XSS attack) also.

I'm going to guess that the reason for this is that the updated
coova-chilli package hasn't been installed. There was a bug in Coova Chilli
that prevented the default Android hotspot detection from working. This
should be working now.