2017-03-20 - Re: Grase crashed after power issues.

Header Data

From: Bryan <br***9@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 25d4047c7c4b6ba7a4b76289ed874afe70e6c2c9b0c9bdff16fbc600ab52d7ae
Message ID: <5754eb60-9135-4d38-b7f4-040641e97545@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <9753C18E-33A7-4CD3-9EBD-35A4C9B9435A@argyle.com.au>
UTC Datetime: 2017-03-20 18:30:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:30:14 -0700

Raw message

> Hi dave

I have similar issue on my server. I'm using raspberrypi though. Similar to
your situation when there is power outage. Server runs fine and admin
logging works but on the client side, the portal doesn't seem to work. I
didn't do a reinstall of the grase hotspot server though since we have
numerous power outage in our country. I found a solution though and here is
what I did to make the server work again without reinstalling grase server.
When the power comes back and the server is runningi. Login as an
administrator and go to "network settings" tab. Uncheck or check the "bogus
NXDOMAIN (OpenDNS)" checkbox and save settings. Wait for 5 mins before
trying to login as client to make sure everything works. It works everytime
for me. I'm am not a programmer but I think what it does is just refresh
the server settings. I hope this'll get fix because I just want to leave
the server alone every time we have power outage. Hope that helps.

Thread