2017-03-21 - Re: Grase crashed after power issues.

Header Data

From: José Borges <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: da5ad00e256bba925854d2d3a7178a0145d0226164f8904fe545879bb6e120b3
Message ID: <c0a2757b-9ee7-4819-8774-6ad3b886264a@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <5754eb60-9135-4d38-b7f4-040641e97545@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-03-21 02:44:01 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 02:44:01 -0700

Raw message

Hi

Just a little more information.

In fact what you are doing (by means of a grase 5minute cronjob) is restart
dnsmasq and chilli, by (in the background) running:

sh /usr/share/grase/scripts/update_grase_networksettings.sh

so if you have ssh access you can run it manually not having to wait for 5
minutes.

If nothing is changed Chilli/DnsMasq are not restarted, hence you need to
change the "Bogus NXDOMAIN" setting, to trigger the restart.

terça-feira, 21 de Março de 2017 às 01:30:14 UTC, Bryan escreveu:

> Hi dave
>>

> I have similar issue on my server. I'm using raspberrypi though. Similar
> to your situation when there is power outage. Server runs fine and admin
> logging works but on the client side, the portal doesn't seem to work. I
> didn't do a reinstall of the grase hotspot server though since we have
> numerous power outage in our country. I found a solution though and here is
> what I did to make the server work again without reinstalling grase server.
> When the power comes back and the server is runningi. Login as an
> administrator and go to "network settings" tab. Uncheck or check the "bogus
> NXDOMAIN (OpenDNS)" checkbox and save settings. Wait for 5 mins before
> trying to login as client to make sure everything works. It works everytime
> for me. I'm am not a programmer but I think what it does is just refresh
> the server settings. I hope this'll get fix because I just want to leave
> the server alone every time we have power outage. Hope that helps.

Thread