2019-04-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Default Apache login

Header Data

From: Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 0b18eec8941777336482cd60693b2c5c83279382d94aad31d32bfb89ec5205b7
Message ID: <796f212d-01fb-53a3-9b30-b1d67db3e24c@gmail.com>
Reply To: <20787bb9-a17b-27d0-9e93-e8a745357523@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-04-14 15:19:11 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 15:19:11 -0700

Raw message

There's also a posting from 2014'ish about how to set up a central admin
location and satellite hot spot locations.  That posting was far too
intricate, but I'll accept anyone's ideas.  All I'm looking to do is to
share the admin login screen with a workstation elsewhere on the
network, such as a cash register terminal.

Second question:  Is it possible to make a file directory on the server
accessible to all, without any time or download limits, either with or
without a free access account assigned to access it?  Let's suppose I
wanted to make a directory of software freely available to all, with or
without an account.  Is it possible?

On 4/14/19 7:25 AM, Charles Chambers wrote:

> I can buy that.
>
> How would I disable the default apache server login page, so that
> someone can't probe from inside the network and find the machine?
>
> Charlie
>
> On 4/14/19 5:35 AM, emre erdoğan wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the system does not work this way. By its nature, the
>> Captive Portal system only examines and directs requests from the LAN
>> port. If you can put a firewall before Grase wan port, capturing the
>> traffic will be easier .
>>
>> 14 Nis 2019 Paz 15:21 tarihinde Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com
>> <mailto:cc***2@gmail.com>> şunu yazdı:
>>
>>     I notice that browsing to the Hotspot machine from *within* the
>>     network
>>     gets a default Apache page.  Is it possible to capture browsing
>>     traffic
>>     from *within* the network?
>>
>>     For example, my hotspot is currently at 192.168.0.14 as it
>>     connects to
>>     my Internet router.  If I  use a different machine on the internal
>>     network to browse to 192.168.0.14, I get a default Apache page.  How
>>     would I change the Apache configuration on the hotspot machine to get
>>     the Hotspot login screen?
>>

>>     Charlie
>>

>>     --
>>     To post to this group, send email to
>>     gr***t@grasehotspot.org
>>     <mailto:gr***t@grasehotspot.org>.
>>     Visit this group at
>>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>>     To view this discussion on the web visit
>>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/1830f9b3-79c7-95ff-e1ac-a730b3c6d392%40gmail.com.

>> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CADDedMEmiuSuzoOuLptcpvrsQ09g%3DEf-4awrPefgGLGWPTZ6YA%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CADDedMEmiuSuzoOuLptcpvrsQ09g%3DEf-4awrPefgGLGWPTZ6YA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.