2019-04-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Default Apache login

Header Data

From: Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 6996b28e1c03e5707567a365ccd923b2487790089923759a946a127e15f061af
Message ID: <20787bb9-a17b-27d0-9e93-e8a745357523@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CADDedMEmiuSuzoOuLptcpvrsQ09g=Ef-4awrPefgGLGWPTZ6YA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-04-14 07:25:02 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 07:25:02 -0700

Raw message

I can buy that.

How would I disable the default apache server login page, so that
someone can't probe from inside the network and find the machine?

Charlie

On 4/14/19 5:35 AM, emre erdoğan wrote:
> Unfortunately, the system does not work this way. By its nature, the
> Captive Portal system only examines and directs requests from the LAN
> port. If you can put a firewall before Grase wan port, capturing the
> traffic will be easier .
>
> 14 Nis 2019 Paz 15:21 tarihinde Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com
> <mailto:cc***2@gmail.com>> şunu yazdı:
>
>     I notice that browsing to the Hotspot machine from *within* the
>     network
>     gets a default Apache page.  Is it possible to capture browsing
>     traffic
>     from *within* the network?
>
>     For example, my hotspot is currently at 192.168.0.14 as it connects to
>     my Internet router.  If I  use a different machine on the internal
>     network to browse to 192.168.0.14, I get a default Apache page.  How
>     would I change the Apache configuration on the hotspot machine to get
>     the Hotspot login screen?
>

>     Charlie
>

>     --
>     To post to this group, send email to
>     gr***t@grasehotspot.org
>     <mailto:gr***t@grasehotspot.org>.
>     Visit this group at
>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>     To view this discussion on the web visit
>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/1830f9b3-79c7-95ff-e1ac-a730b3c6d392%40gmail.com.

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CADDedMEmiuSuzoOuLptcpvrsQ09g%3DEf-4awrPefgGLGWPTZ6YA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CADDedMEmiuSuzoOuLptcpvrsQ09g%3DEf-4awrPefgGLGWPTZ6YA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread