2019-05-28 - Re: Grase Hotspot working with DD-WRT routers in remote locations.

Header Data

From: “sunny.p.geronimo” <su***o@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 59c82820f5f903f67a5fe7cde96081fcbf6e8a2cd30f3f000b8bc26c9682131a
Message ID: <77a17a04-1012-4894-8014-2de8e6fe1f14@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <fdecd37a-fa21-4d62-a6b5-50601889ecb6@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2019-05-28 05:24:53 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 05:24:53 -0700

Raw message

Hi  Norberto,

I would like to ask.  Is the connection between the remote router and
grasehotspot server secure?

Regards,
Sunny

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 3:38:54 AM UTC+8, Norberto Esteves wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I managed to get this configuration working.
>
> Basically I have the Grase Hotspot installed in a machine (shuttle XPC
> DS6) in the office and one router (D-Link DIR-615) with DD-WRT in my house
> for testing.
> The remote site (D-Link Router) uses the Coova Chilli included with the
> DD-WRT firmware to redirect users to the Grase authentication Portal, after
> that, the username, password, and other attributes are checked with the
> radius server. If the authentication is successful then the user is allowed
> to use the Internet and DD-WRT Coova Chilli takes care of the session even
> if the main site (Grase) goes down. DD-WRT Coova Chilli also sends
> periodical data (every 5 minutes) to Radius server to keep information up
> to date.
>
> So far I had to change a few things in the follwing files:
> hotspot.php, nojsstatus.php, /includes/site.inc.php
>
> I do not use VPN, so, there is a few ports that need forwarding:
> In the main site: Radius (1812, 1813, 1814), UAM (3990) and HTTP (80)
> ports forward to Grase Hotspot machine.
> The remote site only needs port forwarding for COA port 3779 if you are
> going to use the radclient to disconnect users.
>
> Freeradius also needs to allow remote site to connect, to do this you need
> to add remote client to clients.conf, or use nas table.
>
> So far I'am still testing and correcting some "bugs" i found.
>
> The bad new is that this setup don't work with Javascript login, I did
> some tests and I think DD-WRT is not able to use the JSON interface for
> Coova Chilli. So if you want to use DD-WRT, Java script login should be
> disabled.
>
> If anyone is interested in multi-location setup using DD-WRT I can make a
> document and share with the community.
>
> Regards,
>
> Norberto Esteves

Thread