2021-02-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] LOSS OF INTERNET CONNECTION QUALITY

Header Data

From: David Kalon <dk***5@gmail.com>
Message Hash: fb15c8ba377d6e0acd3a889daf3e007970fba12450f0b6d0759901f690245897
Message ID: <7ac15228-81e3-4a1c-9166-22cf04fc2dd8n@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAJPZkgFg87DgB4fz-_we_M5hD3X=oK1pbShQDofaDKEWO7J9WQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2021-02-09 13:35:14 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 12:35:14 -0800

Raw message

how i can install the driver for the usb 3.0 network adapter. I am a
beginner thank you
Regards

Le mardi 9 février 2021 à 08:56:01 UTC, drazen.zuvela a écrit :

> That USB adapter could be a problem, how well is recognised by linux if
> ever at all. I tried a couple of them. My previous configuration was
> running on Dell Latitude 5xxx with some dualcore intel, with adapter on
> USB2 for several years achieving 100MBps only. It was hosting in season
> tens of devices over 3 or 4 APs. Until it died. I could measure router
> speed on any point. But to be honest most APS or routers before or even
> today have no ethernet port faster than 100MBps.
> Main problem with using the laptop was the electric power break. I never
> had a laptop which can be set to power on back after the electric comes
> back.
> Here is my early work photo documented. It was one HP Compaq 6xx:
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/fzwc3qYoQnDscWqM6
>

> On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 09:30, David Kalon <dk***.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your reply
>>
>> Before I used a LENOVO T410 for the HOTSPOT system with USB 2.0 ports on
>> which I connected a USB 3.0 network card adapter but I had no loss of
>> internet connection.
>> After changing my computer to LENOVO T430 keeping the same hard drive
>> with the same operating system I noticed the loss of internet connection.
>> I remember that my LENEVO T430 has two USB 3.0 ports, but when I connect
>> my network card adapter to one of them, the second network card does not
>> appear in the network interfaces.
>> Regards.
>>

>> Le mardi 9 février 2021 à 06:41:30 UTC, drazen.zuvela a écrit :
>>
>>> 1. Cable quality and connectors between grase and router. (Including any
>>> switch in between if any)
>>> 2. Port on main router (connect PC by cable to same port of router where
>>> grase is connected and perform speed test. The best, connect PC at the
>>> beggining of line, move cable from grase to PC you will test whole line as
>>> at 1. above) It is possible that some port on router are limited on
>>> purpose. Try other ports.
>>> 3. Network card on grase may be low speed
>>> 4. Wifi card or whatever is on grase LAN
>>> 5. Grase CPU power itself. Depends what grase HW is build on.
>>> This above is the order I would check.

Thread