2012-02-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Outgoing automatic emails - WHAT?

Header Data

From: Johnny Solbu <so***u@solbu.net>
Message Hash: 587f96475b7559f6db07afe187b77c7d2ddd1a1026c30c3b18aac1e419f5198d
Message ID: <201202081509.02895.solbu@solbu.net>
Reply To: <4F32785C.7040502@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-02-08 07:08:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:08:59 +0100

Raw message

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 14:27, Tim White wrote:
> When you say fixing things in shell, does that suggest that there are
> some difficulties in setting up the system? Please do give me feedback,
> as the aim is to have it very easy to setup and get running.

There was some problems, yes.
The main problem was due to the fact that we already had a workable nat system, where the various computers had static IPs, configured by static dhcp configuration,using bind9 as dns server and a working SQUID server.
installing GRASE and it's various dependencies resulted in the network going down. For some reason the instructions we followed where not clear on the fact that this system overrules the existing system. It takes DOWN the local network, and replace it with it's own configuration. Meaning the existing network on 192.168.x.x no longer worked.

We used about half an hour or so to figure out that we aren't supposed to configure anything else but installing grase.
The instructions and/or FAQ should say something about this.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
web site, http://www.solbu.net

Thread