2014-03-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Can portal be secure? https

Header Data

From: Drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: c6bb3fa28c185ab48bfbc86b073cf46aaf763192004569f1a8ba7e87e28ca66e
Message ID: <531D5505.4020005@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CAJc1nuqhaPEP8d1hPujfFi4FBPCbX1XEYZzGTP9T9zRP3jYdvA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2014-03-09 23:00:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:00:37 +0100

Raw message

On 10.3.2014 2:17, Jed Gainer wrote:
> It would need to be hosted on the Internet to use a valid SSL cert the
> users browser would not reject.
This is not quite correct.
Host position in not a issue. Basically It is necessary to set Apache to
use SSL what is well described procedure on the net.
By doing this certificate will be created by server. This certificate is
unknown to anybody because it i self signed.
It is possible that we tell user to accept certificate  permanently and
thing will work.
Other way is to pay official signed certificate and replace self signed.
However, it is not possible to get signed certificate for private IP
addresses or private DNS names which is the case.
If I understood well, radius may not understand SSL encryption from some
clients.

Seems Tim was quicker
Drazen