2016-03-30 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Can portal be secure? https

Header Data

From: Sebastian Schneider <se***r@gmail.com>
Message Hash: adc5aba93f835fcc0550d29801bdd1d415555bc1e10ccbfbc600a63726065142
Message ID: <293b318e-7b39-46d5-b142-774f2a91dfd8@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0L_+zSGGhg8bmTZLotY4syec1ithpZ+=BAkxO6gAXWV1Q@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-03-30 07:18:06 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:18:06 -0700

Raw message

Hi Tim,
thanks for that idea. It was obvious but I didn't think about it.
The problem was mixed content, so http traffic in a https session.
jqchilli.js call:
var urlRoot = 'http://' + chilliController.host + ':' + chilliController.
port + '/json/'; // TODO make this dynamic
in line 38.
In line 22 and 23 I changed to host var to my DNS Hostname (fitting to the
cert) and changed to port to 4990.
In my /etc/chilli/config I added:
HS_UAMUISSL=on
HS_REDIRSSL=on
HS_SSLKEYFILE= /path/to/private_key
HS_SSLCERTFILE=/path/to/cert

The hosts file of the Controller resolves the CN Name of the cert to
10.1.0.1

Now I have SSL enabled, without any errors.

Regards

Se