2014-12-23 - SOLVED Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Squid cannot run with Grase

Header Data

From: Karotu Tannang <ka***u@nauoi.com.ki>
Message Hash: 06f48fd4105dc2ba09c1af060ef1f96d1e61d6f6c66508d32d3cff44ef2b5775
Message ID: <549A0F91.8020001@nauoi.com.ki>
Reply To: <CA+bonMgsgTojdTuVyHKYcw2t3RbGxs2GQhjjDaTd9UACkWgAng@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2014-12-23 17:57:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:57:53 +1200

Raw message

Hi,

This is what worked. I added the changes into /etc/squid3/squid.conf.

Now I can do a squid3 -z where it doesn't fail when started up.

Karotu

On 16/12/2014 9:33 PM, Karotu Tannang wrote:
> Hi Eliot,
>
> could you kinldy provide your link to the perfect installation please?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Karotu
>
> On 16/12/2014, Eliot Ness <sc***7@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Have a look at older post i made, *perfect installation*
>> See configuration
>> Install also webmin as you see on guide, it will help you a lot on config
>>
>> Additional conf can also added, public proxy, or user - pass proxy, anon,
>> hi anon etc etc etc
>> Message
>>
>> On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:21:03 AM UTC+2, karotu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Grase on Ubuntu 12.04, not the latest on nightly..
>>>
>>> I would like to use Squid so we can cache some updates and others..
>>>
>>> I noticed that you would have to place a squid.conf in
>>> /etc/squid3/grase.d folder?
>>> I have copied the already prepared squid.conf.grase into this folder
>>> then renamed it to squid.conf.
>>>
>>> Upon running I am gtting from /var/log/syslog the following about Squid3..
>>>
>>> squid3: WARNING: can't include /etc/squid3/grase.
>>>    d/squid.conf: includes are nested too deeply (>16)!
>>>
>>> but I cannot see any "include" directives in both the config files.
>>> Can someone advise how we can make this work please?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Karotu
>>> --
>>> Karotu Tannang