2015-11-06 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: New install and problems dnsmasq

Header Data

From: Jean Létourneau <ve***t@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 117bceebee1f60cf89858dc2c0a5aec18b494ae200f780accc1801dfd21290f5
Message ID: <CACJdL0PKDYvpM8C_8TW5w6bryqpMpdJ6TUu8ts7z1Bj_ZS=UQg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0JYW1pOA1+_4UHtWqTMJXwA-cmtUnyR5EqjF2QA8SNasQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-11-06 08:45:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 10:45:01 -0500

Raw message

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting
> It seems you have bind9 (named) installed. This probably means when you
> did your server install, you selected DNS server as one of the options.
>
> One solution is to mark my grase-conf-dnsmasq package as conflicting with
> Bind. However, this means someone who knows what they are doing, can't
> override how it's setup.
>
> Any suggestions of a better way to handle this? Big warning in the Admin
> interface if we detect bind? Or are people OK with us blocking the
> installation of bind on a Grasehotspot server?

​I will re-install Ubuntu this weekend and making sure I do not flag the
DNS server options. Will let you know after the install how I made up.

Since Grase is not in production, I can do that easyly.

​Jean

Thread