2015-11-05 - Re: New install and problems dnsmasq

Header Data

From: Jean Létourneau <ve***t@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 525856b910414efca3300e5d4e0cb987e68806c4fa9a6ccd1d6b89fe6432f5d2
Message ID: <3274dea9-f26e-4c98-afba-161ff89385ed@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CACJdL0PVH2b_5L8TNHd=g3y0JJ8PRmYaZjanL+fGyx3XuS+Gyg@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-11-05 17:18:48 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 16:18:48 -0800

Raw message

Good day all,

        I solve my problem, probably not the right way, but its working.
This is what I have done.

 After several hours of reading, rebooting, modifying files and testing, I
found my  port 53 was used by  ‘named’, so I went  to /usr/sbin and did
chmod –x named , re-booted and now Grase work.

Like I said it’s probably not the right way but I am not a Linux guru. I am
posting what I have done for the guru’s.

 I  noticed at re-boot and error, but was too fast to read what it was
exactly, but I think it’s something like ‘’ name service bind9 ‘’. So that
proves me it was not the right thing to do.

I looked in the boot.log, but can’t see errors there.

 Cheers.

 Jean

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 6:16:14 PM UTC-5, Jean Létourneau wrote:

> Hi I just did a new install on the latest Ubuntu server, all appear to
> work except, in the server status I have DNS (DNSMASQ) red, and if some try
> to log using any URL, the main welcome page do not show up.
>
> What I am missing?
>
> Any work of wisdom is welcome.
>
> Jean

Thread