2015-12-21 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 2500 users

Header Data

From: KIRA Ynet <ki***0@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 517f8df0429537e8844423f7ed019400a09421e6960550b83350ed7bab54b509
Message ID: <9ffa7bf2-c29a-46a0-bb6d-a1750c05ba95@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0L+dHvzYMOO61T36fVr1vo8+WU3p7c1ra=3n4cykJKQfA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-12-21 03:00:22 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 02:00:22 -0800

Raw message

Hi Tim. Great to hear from you. :)

I have minor issue with upload speed. Most of my customer running on Rural
Development Packages with speed of 4Mbps down, 384Kbps Up. Although, when
it doing speedtest, the downspeed is great. but the upload speed delay for
few second then start pushing up but the speed usually around 100 - 200Kbps
only. The cap is 384Kbps for the client but most of time it doesn't get to
the rate. Sometime, while uploading, it go halfway then hang. This can be
noticed when uploading pictures in Whatapps. My client need to retry a few
time before the images is uploaded.

My Master management computer connected directly to the PFSense, so there
was no issue in the upload.

Still, i'm guessing this might be caused by multi-connection internet.

as i mentioned, My line using balanced multiple internet source and still
running on ADSL. So, my download is great per connection at 8-10Mbps.
Although each of the line Upload link is limited to 512Kbps only.

So, my internet core is balanced;

Download : 240-300Mbps
Upload     : 15Mbps

My my upload speed is the issue when it's on high traffic.

*Next year then i have access to Fiber Core as i just manage to deal with
my local Telecom Provider.