2015-12-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 2500 users

Header Data

From: KIRA Ynet <ki***0@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 84c0085e7adbaf189c3781012ac3790ea0241e7d9b1760af6da120390bcbdb1c
Message ID: <ea20e3e6-4596-4d5e-8bbd-f756383077c4@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <565FF0AA.6010105@radez.hr>
UTC Datetime: 2015-12-20 21:51:20 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 20:51:20 -0800

Raw message

>From what i have done since early this year, i used Grase to balance user
bandwidth and authentication. Although, the internet line is balanced using
PFSense (10Mbps x 30 line). The PFSense server running in cluster (2 set
for now) and expandable.
My PFSense box using Intel i5 3rd Gen Quad Core with 8GB RAM and it's
handle the network perfectly. even the server load never reach 30% with
Machine client and 300 Hotspot user(school grase server).

Then i routed my line into Grase. The Grase server then handle the machine
login and speed controller. I think this year, a lot of great improvement
in Grase Hotspot system too. It run smoothly and perfect. I'm still working
and testing run Grase server with MAAS method.
My Grase server using Intel i5 3rd Gen Quad Core with 8GB RAM X2, school
grase hotspot server running on AMD FX with 4GB RAM. Network bonding help
my network run smoother too.

Network monitoring mostly done by external tool. I've done it using
Ubiquiti equipment, Tough switch, Base Station and customer CPE monitoring.

For Grase Server monitoring, i've installed CLI tool such as iftop, nload,
bmon and jnettop. It's really great. The web based monitoring done through
Webmin and Bandiwdthd.

It's still a lot of manual work specially in monitoring the system but i
believe Grase been a really great system and improved a lot too. Thanks to
Tim and other developer. :) :)

*Minor bug i'm still looking around to fix is that the upload response. not
sure if this caused by the bonding or what.

Best Regards,
Jerren
KiraNetwork WISP