2017-03-27 - Re: Mystery ‘Administrative User’?

Header Data

From: José Borges <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: a58ddabf113b22019d0b389c676cbd2dcac91c273c2c975654168f1a375207e8
Message ID: <ceaf0827-a1ba-4f88-881e-13e9ca88975c@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <070853fa-8cac-4589-be61-671d5d9ff686@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-03-27 07:37:55 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:37:55 -0700

Raw message

The second is radmin doing it's thing, as you can check here:
 https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/chillispot-config/~

segunda-feira, 27 de Março de 2017 às 10:18:14 UTC+1, Glyn escreveu:

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hRNAsNQZEHA/WNjYwFjrXgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/bg0ihBAZtTIaMqeIF0xJk2cdT_bb0XgUwCLcB/s1600/rb-au1.jpg>
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hRNAsNQZEHA/WNjYwFjrXgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/bg0ihBAZtTIaMqeIF0xJk2cdT_bb0XgUwCLcB/s1600/rb-au1.jpg>
> Hi all
> My hotspot has been running well for about 4 months now. It is confiugred
> for Free Access only with a daily limit of 500Mb and 4 hours per day. There
> is also one computer account for my phone.
> Over the last couple of days there is a mysterious 'Administrative-User'
> account showing up in monitor sessions. It is using huge amounts of data
> and is remaining logged in for days. When I first spotted it I was able to
> track down the MAC address and then in the user list block and disable, but
> it seems to have come back now with a MAC address of all zeros. In the
> attached image is the current monitor sessions screenshot - the business
> has only just opened, but you can see the od account has been on since last
> night after i did a reboot to kick them off. When I was at the bar last
> evening the wifi was very slow and even my unlimited phone access could
> barely use the system.
>
> any ideas??

Thread