2017-03-27 - Re: Mystery ‘Administrative User’?

Header Data

From: Glyn <bo***1@gmail.com>
Message Hash: fb65518626a401cc533fc0faedf0e214f7c036363b45c9a3beb6172b0216a4a5
Message ID: <ce7c48f7-6b99-408d-8af7-9988a1904c7e@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <b89d7c26-874d-44fc-b401-a51f53414efb@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-03-27 08:46:53 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:46:53 -0700

Raw message

Thank you - This makes some sense as it seems to account for the total
banwidth used by all other users - itmus be I have never noticed this before

On Monday, 27 March 2017 15:41:00 UTC+1, José Borges wrote:

> Ups. the url was wrong, here's the correct one:
>
> https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/chillispot-config/
>
> segunda-feira, 27 de Março de 2017 às 15:37:55 UTC+1, José Borges escreveu:
>>
>> The second is radmin doing it's thing, as you can check here:
>> https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/chillispot-config/~
>>

>> segunda-feira, 27 de Março de 2017 às 10:18:14 UTC+1, Glyn escreveu:
>>>

>>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hRNAsNQZEHA/WNjYwFjrXgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/bg0ihBAZtTIaMqeIF0xJk2cdT_bb0XgUwCLcB/s1600/rb-au1.jpg>
>>>

>>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hRNAsNQZEHA/WNjYwFjrXgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/bg0ihBAZtTIaMqeIF0xJk2cdT_bb0XgUwCLcB/s1600/rb-au1.jpg>
>>> Hi all
>>> My hotspot has been running well for about 4 months now. It is
>>> confiugred for Free Access only with a daily limit of 500Mb and 4 hours per
>>> day. There is also one computer account for my phone.
>>> Over the last couple of days there is a mysterious 'Administrative-User'
>>> account showing up in monitor sessions. It is using huge amounts of data
>>> and is remaining logged in for days. When I first spotted it I was able to
>>> track down the MAC address and then in the user list block and disable, but
>>> it seems to have come back now with a MAC address of all zeros. In the
>>> attached image is the current monitor sessions screenshot - the business
>>> has only just opened, but you can see the od account has been on since last
>>> night after i did a reboot to kick them off. When I was at the bar last
>>> evening the wifi was very slow and even my unlimited phone access could
>>> barely use the system.
>>>
>>> any ideas??

Thread