2017-03-27 - Re: Mystery ‘Administrative User’?

Header Data

From: José Borges <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: f6329e8218d27056a9c0ea0f78dd0ef9012018b2d8798635f1b75c3117179099
Message ID: <b89d7c26-874d-44fc-b401-a51f53414efb@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <ceaf0827-a1ba-4f88-881e-13e9ca88975c@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-03-27 07:40:59 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:40:59 -0700

Raw message

Ups. the url was wrong, here's the correct one:

https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/chillispot-config/

segunda-feira, 27 de Março de 2017 às 15:37:55 UTC+1, José Borges escreveu:

> The second is radmin doing it's thing, as you can check here:
> https://grasehotspot.org/documentation/chillispot-config/~
>

> segunda-feira, 27 de Março de 2017 às 10:18:14 UTC+1, Glyn escreveu:
>>

>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hRNAsNQZEHA/WNjYwFjrXgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/bg0ihBAZtTIaMqeIF0xJk2cdT_bb0XgUwCLcB/s1600/rb-au1.jpg>
>>

>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hRNAsNQZEHA/WNjYwFjrXgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/bg0ihBAZtTIaMqeIF0xJk2cdT_bb0XgUwCLcB/s1600/rb-au1.jpg>
>> Hi all
>> My hotspot has been running well for about 4 months now. It is confiugred
>> for Free Access only with a daily limit of 500Mb and 4 hours per day. There
>> is also one computer account for my phone.
>> Over the last couple of days there is a mysterious 'Administrative-User'
>> account showing up in monitor sessions. It is using huge amounts of data
>> and is remaining logged in for days. When I first spotted it I was able to
>> track down the MAC address and then in the user list block and disable, but
>> it seems to have come back now with a MAC address of all zeros. In the
>> attached image is the current monitor sessions screenshot - the business
>> has only just opened, but you can see the od account has been on since last
>> night after i did a reboot to kick them off. When I was at the bar last
>> evening the wifi was very slow and even my unlimited phone access could
>> barely use the system.
>>
>> any ideas??

Thread