2015-01-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Login problems

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 46b606c34905c3b3ac2af56046844bb8ec8923251ffd977f676db5963f9b6dd0
Message ID: <54BE9559.5060205@radez.hr>
Reply To: <60b75c61-dc4c-45d9-8b68-0b97db57d6a8@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-01-20 10:50:17 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 18:50:17 +0100

Raw message

Hi, Marko
according to your first post, everything looks OK to me. I don't have
any experience with night build so probably I can't help you much.
If you can lo-gin with your smart-phone, still no internet reached, I
would check if gateway and DNS are assigned correctly to your phone,
beside IP address you got from DHCP.Gateway should be 10.1.0.1 and DNS
should be 208.67.222.123 which is grase default. You can check network
setting trough admin interface 'Network setting' and compare whit what
your phone or PC got.
However, I noticed two other things you mentioned. You said that you
have installed Lubuntu, not Ubuntu. And another thing seems you didn't
install server edition then desktop. Since you admit that you are not
familiar with Linux and networking, I would suggest you to install
version and distribution which is advised.
Still , night build you catched may be faulty.
Drazen

On 01/20/2015 04:45 PM, Marko Grdinic wrote:
> Ok, I am trying to get it to work on my newer top of the line computer
> and am running into the same issues (though I have yet to try
> connecting using a smartphone.)
>
> I've since discovered that I can go to the default hotspot screen by
> using the 1.0.0.0 as address in the browser. I've tried logging trough
> that using the both the secure and insecure methods and failing. Using
> the secure method it fails right away due to a server error and using
> the insecure method it loads for a while and then fails.
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/60b75c61-dc4c-45d9-8b68-0b97db57d6a8%40grasehotspot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/60b75c61-dc4c-45d9-8b68-0b97db57d6a8%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread