2015-01-21 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Login problems

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 582bb4b4a87faef044336a4880357ed3e5a0c8d53ec752806d4832821d97071c
Message ID: <54BFD596.2080501@radez.hr>
Reply To: <7dca1729-12b1-4b0d-8ca2-b1f3d2889797@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-01-21 09:36:38 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 17:36:38 +0100

Raw message

I started with Easyhospot many years ago, but couldn't connect Mac,
iPhone, Vista and W7 os-es when they came to life. Founder of Easyhospot
move to comercial service the whole project while free version left
without any development. I don't know if that bug in free project ever
solved.

You should install Ubuntu server, not  Desktop, and don't install or
start graphical interface. Grase in its essence is headless machine. Ssh
is all you may need after installation of Ubuntu.

Just to be clear. What do you use for wireless access? There should be
an AP device connected to Grase LAN side and set properly. Usually not
set at all, but you should check that no DHCP running on wireless
device. Device should work in pure AP mode without any security set. For
test, connect that AP directly to your internet router and try connect
with phone, Notebook... by WiFi. Check that you got router IP address
and that AP's DHCP is disabled. You may have to set "bridge" mode at AP
if not working without.
When all tests done move your AP to grase LAN side and continue grase
testing.
Try to get it work with grase officiall release first (v.3.7.7.11)

Thread