2016-08-26 - Re: Monitoring performance - troubleshooting

Header Data

From: Hotspotuser <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: 645a6c1ee089586f0dfc723f6695cb6b97065766fe93a0dc95948217d7cdaed6
Message ID: <7a99fd95-5f0e-4da6-a0f0-d78437f9e252@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <c33d7680-238a-4b15-884d-6dbafdebe061@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-08-26 02:35:55 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 02:35:55 -0700

Raw message

Hi Glyn

Have a look at
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=138312
and https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=44044&start=455
:)

segunda-feira, 22 de Agosto de 2016 às 13:01:04 UTC+1, Glyn escreveu:

> Hi All
> I recently posted that I had set up a raspberry pi based version of Grase
> to replace a very old install at my local pub. The old system had many
> computer accounts for locals and staff phones, and 1 hour vouchers were
> used for all other customers.  The total internet bandwidth availalble was
> only approx 8Mb but that seemed to work OK. The new system is on a separate
> internet connection with about 20Mb available, and all users are in the
> free access group (with the exception of my phone which still has a
> computer account).
> Since it has been in performance has been terrible with poor connections
> and very intermittent working even for my phone account. I have done the
> usual checking for wifi interference etc. and have completed one tweek to
> fully disable ipV6 (read about that somewhere here).
> I have today configured port forwarding (of obfuscated ports) to be able
> to access the admin portal, ssh and webmin from home so am able to run
> tests a lot easier. i have uploaded the support info tool output to
> https://paste.grasehotspot.org/view/38e35c0f .
> My main concern is that I may have configured the free access group
> incorrectly. Currently I have set it fas in the attached screenshot - my
> intention is that users should be able to start a new session when the hour
> is up or the idle timeout is passed. I have also dropped the dhcp lease
> time to 30 minutes to ensure that addresses are not all used although now I
> have also limited to 75 users so that may not be as important.
>
> I would welcome any feedback on how I can monitor or troubleshoot the
> performance issues or if anyone has hit a limit when using a raspberry pi
> based system.
>
> TiA

Thread