2018-01-03 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Repeater over AP on grase hotspot

Header Data

From: Bob Hunt <bo***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 84af5c2a9d259743beae996ff055d99d44223f3282f3d29ee2d2f33d98de5693
Message ID: <CAA-jMMQ_pjdSKo6u+L7NcH_rJmXJx7jdF6KEpVBnXidmSMnkAg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <c5e03d7d-4dae-42ba-82ad-454ca3503741@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-01-03 23:52:04 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 17:52:04 +1100

Raw message

Hi Gerard,

My Grase setup works fine in a rural village situation, with around 20
nodes running "secn" mesh firmware downloaded from https://villagetelco.org,
on Ubiquiti and TP-Link atheros devices.  The site also has a webstore with
ready to use mesh devices available. As Tim mentioned, the secret is having
the connections handled on layer 2 (mac address layer), which this mesh
setup does.  There are also other mesh devices around but this is the only
one I have any experience with.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob Hunt
20 Clarke Street
Wyndham, NSW, Australia, 2550

Phone: Landline 0264942030  Voip 0264368018  Mobile 0424472618