2018-10-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: CoovaChilli Login Page

Header Data

From: Drazen Zuvela -gmail <dr***a@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 685c8f337fec6a6ce58005442efa7171835031863262b22488af56b0bbed9d16
Message ID: <a9cade3f-eda2-1516-1617-dccf1cd18a1d@gmail.com>
Reply To: <87b67226-d364-4399-8fe4-9d213dbb4e3c@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-10-01 08:35:52 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 17:35:52 +0200

Raw message

Ok I read more carefully this time. Think I understand the problem.
Automatic splash login page or not, it is still different from
OS/browser/versions I don't know exact cause.
But in 99% percent times if type any address into browser, splash login
page should come up.
Never noticed difference between http or https pages. Since most sites
today using https , even you type clear http it will come up as https.
Maybe I should try by myself.

It would be good to name here which Huawei device model and os version.
Somebody else may replicate error and research more around the problem.
To be honest I am working mostly with mac connected devices and usually
haven't noticed a problem. Minority users who are using login page let
say few hundreds different ones got no complains from them. Most of them
I don't even see.
Sorry, can't help more.

Drazen

10/01/2018 u 05:06 PM, Sergen �olak je napisao/la:
> I'm sorry for my bad english. I want to tell you exactly,
> Connected to wifi network.
> Login page does not come as an automatic popup.
> The browser opens manually. You will be prompted to enter a site in
> the browser.
> If this site is HTTP, the Login page will be displayed.
> If this site is HTTPS, the Login page does not.
> Can I get the page in HTTPS?
> I've been having trouble with Huawei devices recently. Login page does
> not come. When you try the browser, it takes minutes to load.
> Can you help with this?
>
> 26 Eyl�l 2018 �ar\u015famba 18:37:18 UTC+3 tarihinde drazen.zuvela yazd\u0131:
>
>     Hmm not sure if I understand question correctly. Let say didn't
>     noticed such problem. So yes redirections going on normally.
>     There are some problems sometimes with some
>     devices/browser/version, maybe first time. Then it goes fine
>     guess. Nobody complains.
>
>     Most problems have with some windows machines Sometimes they
>     cannot connect wifi properly although they worked fine for
>     months.� HP notebooks are my night mare regarding this. Then
>     others.� Have no knowlege, time and patience to dig around this.
>

>     09/26/2018 u 02:47 PM, Sergen �olak je napisao/la:
>>     Hi Tim and Drazen,
>>     I have one more question. Sometimes, some devices do not come as
>>     login page popups. When this problem occurs, HTTP is redirecting
>>     to Login when we try to enter a website. Can I also redirect to a
>>     login page when HTTPS attempts to enter a site?
>>     Thanks for your answers.
>>     --
>>     <javascript:>.
>>     Visit this group at
>>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/
>>     <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/>.
>>     To view this discussion on the web visit
>>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/ff557e9b-7d90-4b2c-9964-8a95f6fab2dd%40grasehotspot.org
>>     <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/ff557e9b-7d90-4b2c-9964-8a95f6fab2dd%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/87b67226-d364-4399-8fe4-9d213dbb4e3c%40grasehotspot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/87b67226-d364-4399-8fe4-9d213dbb4e3c%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.