2020-04-29 - Re: Initial installable Dev packages for V4

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 716dbb077e0c01cacacc1ca6fa7a6f72882fb3f304dd16dca4c8c2894ab95132
Message ID: <CAESLx0JDRJdf25apEAfKwPB1fWoGDMaGqc7v9K6p-fzpKA=D6w@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+wdvAyXPmL__tb6+KYGHf0gDJ8UWvVz90UeCpA142Tig@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2020-04-29 07:36:11 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 22:36:11 +0800

Raw message

Still not a beta build, but the current packages should work a bit better,
and let you modify settings (Advanced Settings) so you can configure the
Coova Chilli interface for some testing.

All the basics should be working at this stage. You should be able to
create groups/users, edit them, login, etc.

I've updated the instructions a little after testing from a clean 18.04
install
1. Clean install Ubuntu 18.04
2. Point to new Grase development apt repo
$ echo deb https://apt.grasehotspot.org/dev bionic main | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/grase.list
3. Get the repo key
$ sudo wget
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-repo/raw/master/key/grase.hotspot.2020.gpg
-O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/grase.hotspot.2020.gpg
4. Update your apt information
$ sudo apt update
5. Install the required Grase packages. As part of the install, there are a
few database questions, just accept the defaults
$ sudo apt install grase-www-portal
$ sudo apt install grase-conf-freeradius grase-conf-dnsmasq coova-chilli
6. You should now have a Grase install accessible. e.g.
http://127.0.0.1/grase/

There is still something weird going on with the initial DB install from
the grase-www-portal package, so I'll work on that this week to try and get
that packaging issue resolved.

After the install, you'll want to setup the network interfaces (See
http://127.0.0.1/grase/settings/advanced/ and modify networkLanInterface
and networkWanInterface) and then reboot.

I'll do more testing on the coovachilli/freeradius integration parts this
weekend, they were working last month, but with lots of packaging changes,
them installing isn't the same as them working :-P

I look forward to feedback from testing, the main feedback, for now, is
things that don't work. There will be lots of rough edges, untranslated
strings etc, but for V4 we're aiming to get something out that works so
people having issues with an old install who need to upgrade have an option
to upgrade to.