2011-09-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Translate Project 3.5 - Spanish

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 7f456a32432da3d6f131353598bdb1c03ba2d3dc2670d2344760b9e3a139c5bd
Message ID: <4E6FEC5F.6040908@gmail.com>
Reply To: <SNT107-W508C828B6D870713F71199B1050@phx.gbl>
UTC Datetime: 2011-09-13 16:50:55 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:50:55 +1000

Raw message

I assume when you say you lost the translations, that means you edited
the template files?

GRASE has full support for translations, see
http://grasehotspot.org/development/translations/ for how to get started.
The file you'll need is at
http://trac.grasehotspot.org/browser/files/usr/share/grase/locale/English/LC_MESSAGES/grase.pot
(there is a link at the bottom to download it), then use the normal
gettext tools (I use poedit) to translate the strings. You'll end up
with a grase.po file (the .pot file is used to update the .po file with
new strings) which you have translated into Spanish. I'll then merge
that in, and users can select spanish by changing the correct locale in
the settings page.

Regarding the documents on the web, I'll look at getting a plugin for
wordpress that allows us to manage multiple languages, then will give
you an account so you can edit them.

Thanks heaps!

Tim