2011-10-17 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Translate Project - Spanish

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 595986344893355bd5a09bd2d418d38cc8f16bed457cb3b6beb2c5b2c53ec79d
Message ID: <4E9BE689.7020401@gmail.com>
Reply To: <SNT107-W324B3E34DEC78A9AC5FD60B1E40@phx.gbl>
UTC Datetime: 2011-10-17 01:25:45 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:25:45 +1000

Raw message

Thanks for that translation! I saw it this morning.

Regarding the website, I'm still trying to work out the best way to do
things.
Originally, I was running a wiki, however it was getting spammed heavily
and I was the only one using it. So, I migrated it all to Wordpress,
which I like and use on a good number of websites. It also has many
plugins, one of which I have installed is for translating.
However, I have recently seen the wiki for nginx (wiki.nginx.org) which
seems to have worked really well. So I'm hoping I can reorganise the
wordpress site to be better organised, taking some queues from the Nginx
wiki.

Ideally, I need to rewrite some of the documentation, but it would be
good to start on translating the installation instructions at least.

Anyway, for now lets try using mLanguage for translations.

Basically, you edit the pages and for any text you translate, you wrap
the original in en tags ([en ] english text here [/en ]) and wrap the
spanish text in the spanish tags. Anything you don't translate, you
leave without tags. I believe that's how it works anyway! So any text
that is wrapped in spanish tags will be hidden by default, but if a user
clicks the spanish flag icon, then it hides the text wrapped in english
tags and shows what is wrapped in spanish tags!

Ideally you'll just copy a whole paragraph, wrap it with spanish tags
and translate!

if you wish, you can search around for a different wordpress plugin that
assists with managing translations, I'd be more than happy to look at
others.

Anyway, I've created you a user account[1], not sure what level of
access I need to give you to edit pages, so if you can't edit them, let
me know and I'll increase your user access level.

Thanks!

Tim
[1] You should get an email off-list with username and password