2011-10-22 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] help with squid

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 340d3b5990e44f05685b5af0aa9f165dbed7654ac3a893347a04de12d3bc3917
Message ID: <4EA39EA8.10101@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1319297525.16190.YahooMailNeo@web161603.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-10-22 21:57:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:57:12 +1000

Raw message

On 23/10/11 01:32, ????? ?????? wrote:
> Hi Tim...
>
> could you help me find a way to make squid accessable from LAN side?
> i know this would leave some hole in system, but for now i need some
> proxy..

The reason I think it's not working, is that chilli won't let those
computers through as they aren't authorised. (Seeing as one of the main
functions of chilli is to ensure that you are logged in first). What
should work is creating "computer accounts" for the machines that you
need to allow through, that way, when the mac address is seen by chilli,
it logs them in automatically with the computer account (which by
default has no limits).

Try that.

Failing that. You can poke a hole in the firewall by commenting out the
line "ipt -I PREROUTING -t mangle -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d $ADDR --dport
3128 -j DROP" in the /etc/chilli/ipup.sh file, however this may be
overwritten in future upgrades so you'd need to fix it each time. (dpkg
should ask you on upgrade if you have modified the file, if you want to
keep your changes).