2012-05-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Broken Package on ubuntu 10.04 lts - gomitolo

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e20beaa73b5630ad507b26f7b885992d1bbc1599e8dd9e2d8a5377e25be3c2c5
Message ID: <4FA1ACE0.7080207@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1541007671.541.1335615047922.JavaMail.root@zimbra>
UTC Datetime: 2012-05-02 14:53:36 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 07:53:36 +1000

Raw message

On 28/04/12 22:10, Dikdust wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to install grase trough repo on a ubuntu 10.04 lts 64 bit.
> But at the moment coova-chilli require libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0) instead
> libssl0.9.8 is installed by default. Until 1.2.6grase5 libssl0.9.8
> would work. I can't update to 11.10 or 12.04 cause I have zimbra and
> other software I need to use for this project.

Ideally you would run a dedicated machine for the hotpost, but I
understand that's not always possible.

> Could you publish somewhere the old version of coova-chilli ? Or is
> there another solution ? (I have find
> https://code.launchpad.net/~verterok/ubuntu/lucid/openssl/1.0.0-backport
> but isn't a good solution for me cause this will be a production
> machine in beta testing).

You will also have problems with the Squid version in 10.04. Now that
12.04 is out, I'll only be supporting 12.04 and Debian 6. This is
because there are too many packages that 10.04 has old versions for that
I can't work around.
You /can/ checkout the Coova Chilli source code (check the
http://grasehotspot.org/development/ page for bzr information) and
compile it under Ubuntu 10.04. The libssl issue is because that was what
it was compiled with, not that it requires that version (IIRC). I'd need
an older machine to compile it under for it to work for older distros,
but compiling it is easy.

> For the other parts of my project (gomitolo) I' m stuck with network
> issues.
>
> Routers with coova communicate trough vpn with grase (ip 10.1.0.1).
> But the clients behind router can' t reach 10.1.0.1 (clients.conf is
> okay in freeradius, vpn issues ?). If you can help I can send you
> (donate I mean) a router with the progress till now (vpn config -
> coova etc..) the server is up and running but I need to solve the
> libssl1.0.0 before anyone can cooperate.

I don't really understand what you are trying to do. Try drawing a
digagram, and include all the ip subnets. Default setup of clients is
10.1.0.0/24 and so if your trying to communicate with another network in
the same range (over vpn) it won't work. You need a subnet for the vpn
that is different to the subnet for the clients, that is different to
the network on the other end of the vpn you are trying to reach.
Drawings really help, so if you can do that, it would make it much
easier to understand!

Thanks. Wish I could help more, but until I have a dev environment back
up, I'm a little stuck.