2015-06-02 - Re: Customized admin panel

Header Data

From: kralan <kr***n@gmx.at>
Message Hash: 881464186f1492357388719618b23b8a9ee6f1fcfee8fa8c2b173f8ca5ee53cb
Message ID: <56033919-83b5-47a6-9116-a2ac8438930a@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <5fa06b19-3896-48d4-840f-fe5ceea991e7@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-06-02 01:31:23 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 01:31:23 -0700

Raw message

Hi Kleis,

I like your effort very much, it definitely looks way better than the
current interface. I particularly like the new concept of a dashboard.

With all my enthusiasm, I'd like to add three comments:
* The dashboard looks great on a high-resolution screen, but it is too
crammed on a XGA screen. Are you planning to make the amount of information
configurable?
* Most of the interface is the same as the current one, just with new
looks. When putting so much work into optical polish, maybe it is also a
good moment to discuss the underlying flow of interaction?
* While the current interface may look a bit antiquated, it is functional.
As the clients don't get in touch with the administration interface, looks
is not as important as it is with the UAM. But if the looks change, I would
like all interfaces to look consistent, this would give the project an even
more professional appearance. Are you in contact with Tim about that?

Is the current state of your code publicly available for us to try out?

Thank you very much for the effort you put into this.
Alan

Am Montag, 1. Juni 2015 20:00:07 UTC+2 schrieb Kleis Auke Wolthuizen:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working to transform the admin panel GUI to a modern Bootstrap based
> one. This because I didn't like the old one.
> For a live demo see here: http://kleisauke.nl/AdminLTE-GraseHotspot/
>
> I'm almost ready to the convert the new admin panel to smarty templates so
> that we can use it in GRASE Hotspot, but first I want to know how the users
> of this project like it.
>
> I would really appreciate any feedback you can give me.
>
> Best regards,
> Kleis Auke Wolthuizen

Thread