2016-07-21 - Re: Version of coova-chilli is outdated

Header Data

From: Hotspotuser <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: a8d7271c73a11dd9aee5f7f824049b0c36e59e3db5399bf2ab6086ffc9c1604b
Message ID: <6d0f774c-8763-4f07-b69a-53541133dd18@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <78d8a9523fa9b3610d44790ee47060f8.squirrel@www.pc-networking-services.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-07-21 08:06:42 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 08:06:42 -0700

Raw message

Any news on this?

Tim, care to share the ./configure parameters used in GRASE so that we can
try to tackle this ourselves?

Got Coova-Chilli 1.3.4 installed today, but im guessing i got the wrong
parameters for ./configure.

./configure --enable-chilliquery --enable-coa --enable-radproxy --enable-dhcpradius
--enable-dnslog --enable-uamdomainfile --enable-ieee8021q --enable-json --
enable-largelimits --enable-leakybucket --enable-uamanyip --enable-uamuiport
--enable-libjson

sábado, 25 de Junho de 2016 às 10:24:42 UTC+1, christopher escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> The version of coova-chilli being used in grase hotspot is two years
> outdated.
>

> They have released another version although the numbering is not what I
> would call conventional.
>
> If you take a look in the system log files you will see redir.c client
> time outs and performance issues when this is happening.
>
> On their new mailing list one of their current development team told
> someone who brought this up to upgrade.
>
> As I am not sure of exactly what files are patched I am unable to upgrade
> to see if this issue has been fixed.  They claim to have fixed a number of
> errors from the old code base.
>
> I know that there is one patch listed on the grase wiki but is this the
> only changes that have to be made?
>
> It would be nice for me to be able to upgrade and forget about it until
> things change.
>
> Also there is an issue with Debian and Ubuntu with network traffic
> stopping if you have both ipv4 and ipv6 enabled.  You need to disable ipv6
> to prevent the network interfaces from being constantly being
> reconfigured.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher.

Thread