2016-08-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Version of coova-chilli is outdated

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 934c37f179463f95f5f96846eab51e36e7318d069cac5453500b985ff534a98d
Message ID: <CAESLx0K0VbA_FW6ehCiYGsOS+FDEEKkvVG6uvWQ4jX_X+80U1w@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <6d0f774c-8763-4f07-b69a-53541133dd18@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-08-14 03:47:25 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:47:25 +1000

Raw message

Hi Jose

Sorry for the delays. I've had a quick look at getting the latest
Coova-chilli going. The main things to look at are ensuring the config and
ipup.sh files from
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-coova-chilli/tree/master/debian/extra_files
are installed. The other patches and changes I've made are less important
depending on your situation. You'll probably want
'--enable-gardenaccounting'. In theory, this should remove the need for one
of my patches, but my testing hasn't conclusively proven that yet.
Also, the debian packages built by upstream currently treat all the files
in /etc/chilli/ as config files, which while correct, lots of the files in
there aren't config files, which causes issues on each upgrade. This just
means you'll have to answer debconf questions regularly about overwriting
changed files. I do have a fix for this in my repo.
Upstream also defaults to not starting Coova Chilli, so you'll need to edit
/etc/default/coova-chilli after install to enable it.

Now that upstream uses Git, I'm in the process of trying to take upstream's
git repo, and just create a branch for our patches, with the hope to get
some of them accepted upstream in the future.

In theory though, right now you can build a debian package from upstream,
copy in the config and ipup.sh, and most things should work.

Sorry for the delays.

Tim