2015-06-03 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Grase nightlyBuilds connection problem

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 56ced3cb448bb7d5d703a546dc81a706f893d180f9a8d6d34a08db08a97b5f14
Message ID: <556EE105.604@radez.hr>
Reply To: <1b511bc5-2629-41d6-91e1-22f3f604c97f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-06-03 04:12:05 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 13:12:05 +0200

Raw message

It is hard to know which problem is same to another, because to low
information from both. That something doesn't work is just not enough.
Also I don't know what is your understanding about whole thing.
Ok. Let see.
If one device doesn't work, it is always to try another device before
anything else.
Your phone should show "connected" information at your AP in order to
any further diagnostic is possible. If connected, see which IP address
is joined to your phone. Should be Grase range. Something 10.1.0.x .
If that is achieved. Go to grase admin page. Look at the DHCP leases,
and find your phone by same IP address on list.  If it is , look at the
DHCP state column. If there is DNAT, it is ok, you still need to
authentificate to your grase server by any available username/password.
Let stop here. Do you understand me so far?

*Dra\u017een \u017duvela *
IT manager

*RADE\u017d d.d.*
2.ulica br.15
20271 Blato
Croatia
www.radez.hr

tel:+385 20 853252
mob: +385 91 5320366
e-mail: dr***a@radez.hr
3.6.2015. u 12:55, Sheena Arora je napisao/la:
> Hi *Drazen*,
>
>  I am also facing the same issue that shaveta is facing.My platform is
> ubuntu server 14.04. when i try and test it by connecting my phone to
> hotspot network , it does not show any sort of sign-in. Thus, I can't
> access the internet on my phone through this network.
>
> Please help me out.I have been stuck on this for days.
>
> Regards,
> Sheena
>
> On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 12:57:17 PM UTC+5:30, shaveta puri wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     I have been testing Grase NightlyBuilds 1.5 for the past few days
>     on ubuntu 15.04 (desktop version) .
>
>     Initially , it works like a charm. But suddenly after some time
>     nobody is able to access the internet through it.It shows full
>     hotspot connection and allows users to connect to it.
>     It starts and stops randomly, at its own will. I have also tried
>     its installation using virtualbox(ubuntu server 14.04), but the
>     behavior remains the same.
>
>     Could you please help me with this. Where am I going wrong?

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/1b511bc5-2629-41d6-91e1-22f3f604c97f%40grasehotspot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/1b511bc5-2629-41d6-91e1-22f3f604c97f%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread