2015-06-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Grase nightlyBuilds connection problem

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 5c9d624d306266a293a4bcdfb761b5ae9d2d20b27ee5b2c8c61fb3322adf789b
Message ID: <CAESLx0KFKOC9KPiJ7vzhjps1YY=WMx9ojnoEngwfESCn2W-16A@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <55797BD2.30406@radez.hr>
UTC Datetime: 2015-06-11 13:47:36 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 06:47:36 +1000

Raw message

It's actually really simple as to why only Sheena has been effected by this.
Sheena is using Ubuntu 15.04, which isn't officially supported. I support
the LTS releases, as they are a slower moving target. I don't mind people
trying newer releases, as it helps catch things that could be an issue in
the next LTS if not fixed.

Ideally, in production I recommend Debian or Ubuntu LTS, without desktop.
Which is actually a way of saying, ideally without network manager.

Sheena, if you want a running system, I recommend installing Ubuntu 14.04
at this stage, as even if dnsmasq fix the bug, it probably won't be in
Ubuntu until 15.10.