2015-07-31 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: static IP traffic on the grase/chilli dhcp pool

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 4b70833318c1221bbc8050552f5b9cacc69926c810590894a03ea6d7d79462ea
Message ID: <CAESLx0LceXRr52vwTWzns6fFUJfX+Ungs=mM_hqg32jYDJndfw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <2ecfa40f-1aed-4703-8997-1f9d349ee2d6@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-07-31 13:51:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 06:51:31 +1000

Raw message

Hi Gianluca

As some have said, you shouldn't have DHCP (server) enabled. DHCP
client is fine. The reason you need WDS is otherwise the link is Layer
3, the IP layer, but Grase needs Layer 2, the ethernet layer. Without
WDS you need to do IP routing across the bridge, which isn't
compatible with how Coova Chilli is setup in Grase. In the future
we'll work on allowing IP routing, but for now it's layer 2 only.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 9:55 PM, gianluca <au***a@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> quick reply to confirm that I did enable WDS and DHCP on both antennas and
> now it works!
>
> looks like it was a simple fix...
> :-)

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/2ecfa40f-1aed-4703-8997-1f9d349ee2d6%40grasehotspot.org.