2015-07-22 - Re: static IP traffic on the grase/chilli dhcp pool

Header Data

From: gianluca <au***a@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 93540bced9a0ae6ea04ee0eee98090eddf5dbf93b8f942a02d633968e6ebabfb
Message ID: <ff52bb73-a63e-4dad-b1ba-96427694631d@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <83e4aac0-57b2-42aa-864b-7a5739be913f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-07-22 11:46:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:46:53 -0700

Raw message

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j2_VQqsIcNc/Va_lEmKRFDI/AAAAAAAACm0/df5dMWjlD3Y/s1600/grase.PNG>
wow!
that is EXACLTY the configuration of both my M5 (10.1.0.3 and 10.1.0.2)

how is your coova chilly DHCP configuration setup? I do have a 10.1.0.10 as
initial ip of the pool and my doubt is that any address out of the pool
might be filter out by the firewall,
but I don't know how to test it.

btw: attached my setup.

I do have already another AP attached to the box (to allow wireless clients
to connect) and works like a champ!
my problem are the wired laptop connected with the two M5 wifi link, they
seems to be excluded ..

if I connect on the grase box I can ping on 10.1.0.1 and 10.1.0.10 ... but
I cannot ping 10.1.0.2 or 10.1.0.3 etc....

but If I disconnect the cable of my antenna and manually attach to my
laptop I can reach both antennas and also the other laptops...

it must be some routing/firewall configuration on grase that is going to
block traffic outside of the chilli dhcp pool
:-(

Il giorno mercoledì 22 luglio 2015 20:27:19 UTC+2, Louis ha scritto:

> Ok i see how you are setup. Can you look at my setup of one of my
> Nanos(attached): Compare Network setup of my Access point which connect
> another NSM2? Confirm you input DNS?
>

> On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 7:13:31 PM UTC+2, gianluca wrote:
>>
>> mmm ... I don't think I need to turn it off...
>>
>> the wifi link is used only for the wifi link (PtP), but ALL the other
>> devices on the other side of the wifi link are connected by cable to the
>> second M5
>>
>> so the traffic is only eth/IP based .. no wifi involved (beside the PtP
>> link itself)
>>
>> I guess you are using multiple M5 as AP ... where all the devices are
>> connecting to the M5 and the M5 is connected to grase.
>>
>> I need a PtP link (wifi) to connect to my grase box
>>

>> Il giorno mercoledì 22 luglio 2015 19:07:50 UTC+2, Louis ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Confirm you have turned off AirMax on your NanoStation M5=AP?
>>> Louis

Thread